It is necessary to define the project initiation before beginning an agile project. Define the project upfront. The proper planning is needed to be successful.
- Identify the Epics and User Stories
- Gather the initial product backlog from the stakeholders- list of processes to be developed for a project in the form of epics and stories (walk-thru process flows, hl use case diagram and epic use cases)
- Create the scope deliverables
- Create the Initial Backlog in a Refinement Meeting- the user stories are prioritized, written and sized
- Present the overall project goals to user participants