Business Analyst Consulting Services Provided:
- Mentoring for business requirements gathering and writing, user acceptance testing and project management best practices
- Methodologist for developing a customized Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and a repeatable process
- Process Analysis and Process Improvement Consulting for Business Requirements Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Outsourcing for Business Analysis and Facilitation
- Practical Hands On Training in requirements gathering and writing, testing and project management using industry standards and best practices. All of Piersons training classes use an interactive practical approach with 1/3 lecture and 2/3 practice.
Pierson has found that the mentoring for facilitation and process management has helped previous clients succeed in their first critical projects. Pierson can provide experienced mentors for the entire project team throughout the project life cycle.
One-on-One Mentoring can be provided to enhance and re-enforce the fundamentals and best practices taught in class.
- Instructors are available for critiquing requirements and quality assurance real life work products
- JAD Facilitation and Requirements Gathering mentoring to continue to enhance your collaboration skills
- Pilot Project Mentoring for process improvement initiatives
Pierson can provide clients with a customized methodology for all types and sizes of development projects using Structured Analysis and/or the Unified Process with the Unified Modeling Language (UML). The customized methodology serves as a handbook and guide for the software development project teams. The methodology defines the steps and phases that should be followed, technical modeling options and refers to quality procedures which should be employed. Some strengths of Piersons methodology are as follows:
- The format is easy to use and is concise. For each work step the following is given: Description, Input, Output, Tips & Techniques, Agendas, Roles and Responsibilities, Templates.
- The methodology is a detailed guide telling you exactly how to successfully conduct your projects.
- Our training is patterned after the methodology and assists you in successfully implementing it. The author of the methodology also wrote the related training seminars.
Process Analysis and Process Improvement Consultants
Piersons Process Analysis and Process Improvement Consultants can provide clients with an assessment of their software development processes to determine their adherence to specified standards and procedures. In the absence of client-specified standards we will compare the clients processes to our own set of best practice methodologies. When our assessment activities are complete, Pierson will identify areas of strengths and constraints that are inhibiting the software development process. Pierson can help implement the customized repeatable process through documenting the new methodology, training and mentoring.
Outsourcing for Business Requirements Analysis & Project Management
As an alternative to training, experienced Business Analysts and Facilitators can be provided to conduct requirements meetings and provide knowledge transfer.
Pierson can also provide seasoned Facilitators with experience throughout the entire life cycle. JAD Facilitators are available for conducting scope definition, business requirements analysis and design workshops using best practices in UML and Structured Analysis deliverables.